- x-zer0 likes this
- springskeletons reblogged this from riiaeatsright
- springskeletons likes this
- featherweight-fitness reblogged this from riiaeatsright
- swoleby reblogged this from riiaeatsright
- runningonhealthyfuel likes this
- llve-simply reblogged this from forgeteverythingandrun
- hungryrunner likes this
- llve-simply likes this
- forgeteverythingandrun reblogged this from iyfit
- gcrystal likes this
- iyfit reblogged this from riiaeatsright and added:
- riiaeatsright posted this
Considering that 80% of foods in U.S. grocery stores are made with GMO ingredients, it’s important that you learn about them.
GMO stands for genetically modified organism. Sounds like a science experiment right? That’s because it basically is! Scientists have found that by using genetic engineering they can alter the genetic code of a fruit, vegetable, grain, anything! So basically they can create a fruit that has a longer “shelf life” or a vegetable that creates its own pesticides. Get the idea?
Well my first question when I read about this was:
Why are scientists working on our food?
Leave that to the farmers! I want my food to be clean and pure, not injected and altered!
You also have to realize that GMOs haven’t been proven safe. Millions of people are consuming products that haven’t even been investigated enough. And to make matters worse, there is no law stating that products have to label if they contain GMOs. According to LabelGMOs.org, studies show that these foods can create new, unintended toxic substances, increased allergies, cancer risks, and other health problems.
GMOs need to be avoided and we deserve to know what we’re putting in our bodies.